This week’s post begins the first of The Dragon’s “Monster Mass Building” Training Series. For the next four weeks I will provide a workout program designed to add tons of lean muscle onto your frame. There will be one program per body part consisting of 2 different workouts that you will do for 6 weeks each. If you’ve been feeling like you’re stuck with your workouts and you want to get bigger and stronger, be sure to follow each program consistently for all 12 weeks.
My very first program is geared toward developing your Chest. Ah, the chest. Besides your arms, nothing oozes masculinity like a well-defined voluminous chest. It’s a universal symbol of strength and what separates the men from the boys!
The human chest is composed of the two Pectoral muscles:
- Pectoralis Major: This is the “upper” portion of the chest and covers most of it’s surface area. It attaches at the sternum (the breast bone) and the clavicle (collar bone) and stretches from the center of your body to your shoulder.
- Pectoralis Minor: This is the “lower” portion of the chest and covers approximately the lower 1/3 of the surface area. It also attaches at the sternum and the upper ribs and also stretches to your shoulder.
Each of these muscles can be worked together with traditional exercises like the bench press and push-ups. But to get a well defined, full chest you will need to attack it from all angles. Let’s find out how to make this happen…
The Dragon’s Shirt Destroying Chest Program:
- Bench Press: 1 Warm-up Set x 10 reps. 3 Working Sets x 5 – 7 reps
- Incline Dumbbell Press: 3 Working Sets x 5 – 7 reps
- Flat Dumbbell Flys: 4 sets x 8 – 10 reps
- Push-ups: 3 sets x 10 reps
- Incline Bench Press: 1 Warm-up Set x 10 reps. 3 Working Sets x 5 – 7 reps
- Decline Bench Press: 1 Warm-up Set x 10 reps. 3 Working Sets x 5 – 7 reps
- Flat Dumbbell Press: 4 Sets x 8 – 10 reps
- Dips: 3 Sets x 10 reps
You should aim to work your chest every 5 days. If that’s not possible you must train it at least once per week! The Warm-up set listed above is designed to get your muscles loose and prepared for the heavy workload. Each “Working” Set should be 5 -7 reps, at about 80% of your 1 rep maximum. If you are able to lift 7 reps during each set then it’s time to add on more weight. Be sure to push yourself by resting no more than 2 minutes between sets. Finally, be sure your diet reflects your new lifting habits. Remember, in order to get big, you gotta eat big!
Dream Fit. Live Fit.