So you’re the “new guy” in the gym. You wanna get ripped but you really have no idea of how to do it. Maybe you’ve asked a few of the bigger guys what they did to “get swole” and they give you the typical answer: “I just lift heavy and eat everything not bolted down, bro!”. Or you went online and found an insanely hard program written by a bodybuilding champ. You try it and wind up feeling like a wimp for not finishing it.
Well, there’s hope! I’m going to set you up with a simple program that will take you through your first 6 weeks in the gym.
If you’re serious about building some muscle and ready to prepare yourself for serious growth then this is for you:
This program is designed to work all of your muscle groups and start you on the path to more complex routines. It is spread out over 3 different training sessions, ideally with at least 1 day rest between sessions.
Chest / Triceps:
- Bench Press – 4 sets (warm-up set with bar, 12, 10, 8 reps). Increase weight each set
- Incline Dumbbell Presses – 3 sets (8-10 reps). Same weight
- Dumbbell Flys – 4 sets (8-10 reps). Same weight
- Cable Triceps Push-down – 4 sets (12, 10, 8, 6 reps) Increase weight each set
- Bent Over Triceps Kickback – 3 sets (10-12 reps). Use light weight and go slow
- Triceps Dips – 1 set until your muscles fail!
Back / Biceps:
- Pull-ups – 2 sets (5-10 reps)
- Lat Pull-down – 4 sets (12,10,8,6) Increase weight each set
- Bent over dumbbell rows – 4 sets (10,10,8,6) Increase weight each set
- Seated EZ Bar Curls or Seated Curl Machine – 4 sets (warm-up set with bar, 12,10,8 reps). Increase weight each set
- Seated Concentration Curls – 3 sets (8-10 reps). Light weight
- Alternating Hammer Curls – 3 sets (8-10 reps each). Same weight
- Barbell or “Smith” Machine Squat – 4 sets (warm-up set with bar, 12,10,10). Increase weight each set
- Leg Extension – 3 sets (10 reps each). Increase weight each set
- Lunges – 3 sets (10 reps each). Light weight
- Standing Toe Raises – 5 sets (20 reps each). Same weight
- Seated Toe Raises – 4 sets (10-12 reps). Same weight
Follow this program for six weeks and you’ll begin seeing weird bulges (muscles) where skin and bones used to be. Remember to squeeze on each rep.
Don’t cheat yourself!
Work hard each session and feed those muscles immediately after you lift. Now, no more talking. Go get to work and remember…
Dream Fit. Live Fit.